Through our programs, we have served approximately 14.6% of the 1,391 Catholic Sisters in Ghana
- Rosemont Online Orientation
- Rosemont College to offer a hybrid of online/onsite learning for sisters in Africa.
- SLDI Program in Ghana: A Perspective
ASEC works with 38 congregations registered with the Ghanaian Conference for Religious (GCR)
SLDI has been working in Ghana since 2007.
SLDI has served 275 unique particpants in the program.
Ghana has the highest percentage of projects in all the reporting countries (2012-15) focused on serving:
- women/girls (10%)
- youth (5%)
Ghana’s impact projects are helping to address the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, specifically
HESA has been working in Ghana since 2014.
HESA is supporting 28 sisters to study for degrees and diplomas.
- 14 of the total are studying for Bachelor’s degrees in Education, including 9 studying online at Chestnut Hill College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Another 4 sisters are studying for Bachelors of Science degrees in Business Administration and Economics.
Catholic University College of Ghana (CUG)
Partnered with Chestnut Hill College to deliver the HESA program for sisters in Cameroon, Ghana, and Nigeria. Sisters can select from various bachelor's degree programs relevant to their ministries, specifically education and business administration/economics.
Ghanaian Conference of Religious (GCR)
Holy Family Nursing and Midwifery Training College
In Ghana, SLDI partners with the Ghana Institute of Management & Public Administration (GIMPA), which offers professional training and degree programs on leadership, management, public administration and technology to mid-and high-level employees in the public, private and nonprofit sectors. These partners assist us in developing and updating the SLDI workshop curricula and in facilitating workshop sessions.