Apply for the Scholarship Program
Our scholarship program is for women religious to study for high school (level 'A' form 5 and 6) at Bigwa Secondary School in Morogoro, Tanzania. Sisters may also apply for a scholarship to study for a secondary school equivalency certificate in Tanzania, Malawi or Zambia.
The scholarships will cover costs for tuition/board and room for a selected number of sisters who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
2018 Key Dates and Deadlines
Two Year Certificate (Secondary School Equivalency)
- Call for applications on May 14*
- Application deadline is June 29
- Scholarships awarded by July 16
- Scholarship recipients are informed by July 30
- Formal acceptance of scholarships by August 15
- Compiled and signed invoices are due September 30
- Call for applications on February 14*
- Application deadline is March 30
- Scholarships awarded by April 15
- Scholarship recipients are informed by April 19
- Formal acceptance of scholarships by April 30
- Complied and signed invoices are due May 1
*A reminder will be sent via email to ASEC Programs Coordinator, Tanzania and TCAS Executive Secretary to send the announcements to the congregational leaders.
- Must be a woman religious residing in Tanzania or East Africa
- Must file an application after completion of their level 'O'
- MUST indicate interest to pursue higher education in specific fields on completion of level 'A'
The application packet MUST include:
- Level 'O' result slip
- Admission to Bigwa School / Certificate program
- Recommendation from the sister's immediate superior
- Indication that the sister's superior will continue to support your education and professional development
- A letter of recommendation by TCAS Executive Secretary/President
- Superiors or recipients must send an acceptance letter via email or scanned letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must include a passport photo of the recipient with acceptance letter.
- Awards not accepted by the acceptance deadline (above) will be canceled and offered to another eligible, deserving sister.
- Sisters receiving scholarships are evaluated at the end of each academic year to determine if they are eligible for continuation of the scholarship into the next year.
- Renewal of the scholarship is subject to academic performance and headmistress recommendation.
- The letter of recommendation and sister's grades must be forwarded to the ASEC office at the beginning of each term.