Lesotho is located in Southern Africa, encompassing a land mass slightly smaller than the U.S. state of Maryland.
651 of approximately 5502 Catholic Sisters in Lesotho have been served by ASEC programs.
Recent News & Reflections
- Girl's high school in Lesotho thrives under sister's stewardship
- "DREAMS" program reducing HIV/AIDS among women and girls in Lesotho
- Catholic sisters are serving Africa's vulnerable during global pandemic
Download the Lesotho Country Report (PDF) for statistics about students and alumnae of ASEC's programs.
There's been a 16.5% decrease in the number of women religious in Lesotho from 2012 to 2018. Lesotho is one of two countries ASEC serves that has seen a decline in the total number of sisters.
Sisters Leadership Development Initiative (SLDI) in Lesotho
SLDI has been working in Lesotho since 2015.
ASEC has served 55 Catholic sisters from Lesotho through the SLDI program.
SLDI Partners of Lesotho
Recent SLDI Reporting
Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) in Lesotho
HESA has been working in Lesotho since 2017 (August).
ASEC is supporting 103 Catholic sisters in Lesotho to study for degrees and diplomas through the HESA program.
HESA Partners of Lesotho
- Leadership Conference of Consecrated Life in Lesotho (LCCLL) (Lesotho)
- National University of Lesotho (Lesotho)