Lesotho is located in Southern Africa, encompassing a land mass slightly smaller than the U.S. state of Maryland.
621 of approximately 5412 Catholic Sisters in Lesotho have been served by ASEC programs.
Recent News & Reflections
- 6th Visiting Scholar Arrives at CARA for research fellowship
- Sisters Leadership Development Initiative (SLDI) program, 2018 year in review
- Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) program, 2018 year in review
Download the Lesotho Country Report (PDF) for statistics about students and alumnae of ASEC's programs.
There's been a 17.9% decrease in the number of women religious in Lesotho from 2012 to 2017. Lesotho is one of only two countries that ASEC serves that has seen a decline.
Sisters Leadership Development Initiative (SLDI) in Lesotho
SLDI has been working in Lesotho since 2015.
ASEC has served 55 Catholic Sisters from Lesotho through the SLDI program.
SLDI Partners of Lesotho
Recent SLDI Reporting
Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) in Lesotho
HESA has been working in Lesotho since 2017 (August).
ASEC is supporting 7 Catholic Sisters in Lesotho to study for degrees and diplomas through the HESA program.
HESA Partners of Lesotho
- Conference of Major Superiors, Lesotho (Lesotho)
- National University of Lesotho (Lesotho)