Cameroon sits along the Gulf of Guinea in Central Africa and slightly smaller than the U.S. state of California.
2671 of approximately 3,2132 Catholic Sisters in Cameroon have been served by ASEC programs.
Recent News & Reflections
- Grant provides African communities with food and sanitiation supplies during COVID-19
- 4 Inspirational Homes in Africa Where Catholic Sisters Are Supporting Those with Disabilities
- Improving education and women’s empowerment in rural Cameroon
Download the Cameroon Country Report (PDF) for statistics about students and alumnae of ASEC's programs.
- There's been a 24.5% increase in the number of women religious in Cameroon from 2012 to 2017.
Alumnae in Cameroon
- Education (60.4%) and healthcare (37.2%) are the top Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that ASEC alumnae in country contribute to in their ministries (N=43)
- 54% received leadership positions in their ministries (N=39)
- 92% demonstrated effective use of skills in their ministries (N=37)
- 70% demonstrated effective use of skills in their congregations (N=40)
Sisters Leadership Development Initiative (SLDI) in Cameroon
SLDI has been working in Cameroon since 2012.
ASEC has served 237 Catholic sisters from Cameroon through the SLDI program.
- 26% of 2019 SLDI participants in Cameroon report teaching as their ministry (N=55)
- 46% of SLDI participants were trained in finance and 45% in administration , 2007-18 (N=177)
SLDI Partners of Cameroon
- Conference of English-Speaking Religious (CESR) (Cameroon)
- Pan-African Institute for Development-West Africa (Cameroon)
Recent SLDI Reporting
Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) in Cameroon
HESA has been working in Cameroon since 2015 (August).
ASEC is supporting 303 Catholic sisters in Cameroon to study for degrees and diplomas through the HESA program.
- 20% of HESA participants in Cameroon report teaching as their ministry (N=9)
- 47% of HESA participants in Cameroon are studying economics & business administration (N=19)