Cameroon sits along the Gulf of Guinea in Central Africa and slightly smaller than the U.S. state of California.
154* of approximately 2,642 Catholic Sisters in Cameroon have been served by ASEC programs.
Recent News & Reflections
- US Government Honors Cameroon SLDI Alumna, Rev. Sr. Vanaja Jasphine for Human Trafficking Efforts
- Customer Service Training yields positive reputation for St. Martin de Porres hospital
- The positive impact of school boycotts for the youth of Cameroon
ASEC works with 172 congregations registered with the Conference of Religious in the Ecclesiastical Province of Bamenda-Cameroon (CREPC).
SLDI has been working in Cameroon since 2012.
ASEC has served 137 Catholic Sisters from Cameroon through the SLDI program.
SLDI Evaluation Reports
- Phase I (2007-2009) (PDF)
- Phase II (2010-2013) (PDF)
- Phase III (2013-2015) (PDF)
- Phase IV, Year 1 (2016) (PDF)
HESA has been working in Cameroon since 2015 (August).
HESA is supporting 17 Catholic Sisters in Cameroon to study for degrees and diplomas.
HESA Evaluation Reports
- HESA Bridge Year (2013-2014) (PDF)
- HESA Phase I Year 1 (2013-2014) (PDF)
- HESA Phase I Year 2 (2014-2015) (PDF)
- HESA Phase I Year 3 (2015-2016) (PDF)
- HESA Phase I Evaluation Report (2013-2017) (PDF)
- HESA Phase II Year 1 (2016-2017) (PDF)
Catholic University of Cameroon Bamenda
Sisters studying through the HESA Onsite Model enroll at CATUC.
Conference of English-Speaking Religious (CESR)
Pan-African Institute for Development-West Africa
PAID-WA seeks to build the management, leadership and research skills, and capacity of those they serve. PAID-WA facilitates SLDI workshop sessions and contributes to the development of the workshop curricula.
Catholic University College of Ghana
Partnered with Chestnut Hill College to deliver the HESA program for sisters in Cameroon, Ghana, and Nigeria. Sisters can select from various bachelor's degree programs relevant to their ministries, specifically education and business administration/economics.