Cameroon sits along the Gulf of Guinea in Central Africa and slightly smaller than the U.S. state of California.
2661 of approximately 3,2132 Catholic Sisters in Cameroon have been served by ASEC programs.
Recent News & Reflections
- Improving education and women’s empowerment in rural Cameroon
- Nuns in Africa spearhead women's empowerment projects
- Catholic Nuns Improve Food Security in Africa
Download the Cameroon Country Report (PDF) for statistics about students and alumnae of ASEC's programs.
There's been a 24.5% increase in the number of women religious in Cameroon from 2012 to 2017.
Sisters Leadership Development Initiative (SLDI) in Cameroon
SLDI has been working in Cameroon since 2012.
ASEC has served 237 Catholic Sisters from Cameroon through the SLDI program.
SLDI Partners of Cameroon
- Conference of English-Speaking Religious (CESR) (Cameroon)
- Pan-African Institute for Development-West Africa (Cameroon)
Recent SLDI Reporting
Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) in Cameroon
HESA has been working in Cameroon since 2015 (August).
ASEC is supporting 29 Catholic Sisters in Cameroon to study for degrees and diplomas through the HESA program.