Located in West Africa, Nigeria is one of the most populated countries in the world and one of the largest economies in Africa.
5981 of approximately 5,6942 Catholic Sisters in Nigeria have been served by ASEC programs.
Recent News & Reflections
- Nuns in Africa spearhead women's empowerment projects
- Justice for All - Nuns advocate for the rights of the marginalized in Africa
- Stream of Hope; clean water in Africa
Download the Nigeria Country Report (PDF) for statistics about students and alumnae of ASEC's programs.
There's been a 6.8% increase in the number of women religious in Nigeria from 2012 to 2017.ASEC works with congregations registered with the Nigerian Conference of Women Religious (NCWR).
Sisters Leadership Development Initiative (SLDI) in Nigeria
SLDI has been working in Nigeria since 2007.
ASEC has served 433 Catholic Sisters from Nigeria through the SLDI program.
SLDI Partners of Nigeria
Recent SLDI Reporting
Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) in Nigeria
HESA has been working in Nigeria since 2014.
ASEC is supporting 165 Catholic Sisters in Nigeria to study for degrees and diplomas through the HESA program.
HESA Partners of Nigeria
- Catholic University College of Ghana (Ghana)
- Chemchemi Ya Uzima Institute (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Tangaza University College (Nairobi, Kenya)
- The Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA) (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Nigerian Conference of Women Religious (NCWR) (Enugu State, Nigeria)
- Sacred Heart School of Nursing (Nigeria)
- Veritas University Abuja (Abuja, Nigeria)