Thank you to our amazing supporters! Our gratitude goes out to you, our generous partners, donors and friends. What we do is not possible without you. Every single dollar you’ve given makes such a big difference. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
- Geraldine Akines
- Savannah Armijo
- Brighid Blake
- Gloria Bratz
- Mary Burns
- Melissa Cipollina
- Geoffrey Elterich
- Michelle Evans
- Jane Farr
- Amy Fedele
- Bobbi Fedele
- Vincent and Elaine Fedele
- Eric Fuchs
- Lynn Giacomi
- Amy Grocki
- D. Geoffrey Guese
- Paul Harvey
- Juanita Hogan
- Sharon Kestler
- Hong Soon and Kyung Ok Kim
- Brittany Lavelle
- Diana MacPherson
- Sr. Christine Martin, OSF
- Ashraf Megaly
- Nancy Miller
- Paul and Sandra Montrone
- Dennis O'Malley
- Susan O'Neill
- Bonnie Pastore
- Lauren Peet
- Jacqueline Reich
- Mr. and Mrs. Jose Reyes
- John and Theresa Rollins
- Howard Ross
- Kim Scalese
- Frances Shepherd
- Cheryl Spager
- Deirdre Spelman
- John and Elizabeth Stapleton
- Catherine Thomas
- Sr. Jane Wakahiu, LSOSF
- Michael Webb
- Abbey of New Clairvaux, Inc.
- Amazon Smile
- The Benedictine Foundation of the State of Vermont
- Conception Abbey
- Congregation of Bon Secours of Paris
- Congregation of the Sisters of St. Agnes
- Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph
- Diocese of Scranton
- Daughters of the Holy Spirit
- eBay for Charity
- Franciscan Sisters of St. Joseph Clarence
- Glenmary Home Missioners
- The Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart
- Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers
- Mount St. Francis, OSF
- Notre Dame Sisters of Omaha
- Nursing Sisters of the Sick Poor, Inc.
- PayPal Giving Fund
- Pontifical Mission Societies, Archdiocese of Newark
- Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ, Donaldson
- Presentation Sisters of Aberdeen
- Religious Of The Assumption
- Sinsinawa Dominicans
- Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross
- Sisters of Charity Halifax
- Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth
- Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine
- Sisters of Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Sisters of Providence Inc.
- Sisters of St. Benedict, Crookston
- Sisters of St. Dominic of Racine
- Sisters of St. Francis- Assisi Heights
- Sisters of St. Francis Oldenburg
- Sisters of St. Francis of Holy Name Province
- Sisters of St. Joseph of Philadelphia Associate Group
- Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange
- Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, Quebec
- Sisters of the Humility of Mary
- Sisters of the Precious Blood of Dayton
- Society of the Holy Child Jesus
- St. Mary's Institute of O'Fallon
- Wells Fargo Community Support Campaign
- Thank you to supporters of our 2019 Ghana Service Learning trip participants.
*Donors between 10/1/2018 - 8/31/2019
ASEC Charter Institutions
- Chestnut Hill College and the Sisters of Saint Joseph, Philadelphia, PA
- Marywood University and the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Scranton, PA
- Neumann University and the Sisters of Saint Francis, Philadelphia, PA
- Rosemont College and the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, Rosemont, PA
ASEC Associate Members
- DePaul University, Chicago, IL
- Sisters of the Redeemer, Meadowbrook, PA
- Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, Albany, NY
- Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati, Mount St. Joseph, OH
- St. Leo University, Saint Leo, FL
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, Agoura Hills, CA
- Franciscan Sisters of Chicago, IL
- Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Dubuque, IA
- Sisters of St. Francis of the Immaculate Conception, West Peoria, IL
- ASEC Board Members
- ASEC Partners in Africa
2019 ASEC Office Happenings
ASEC Staff Graduates
- Jaime Herrmann, Assistant Director SLDI Program, Master of Public Administration (MPA), Marywood University. Jaime was also accepted into Marywood's Ph.D. program and will be pursuing her doctorate in Human Development.
- Tara Lopatofsky, ASEC Research and HESA Evaluations Manager, Administration and Leadership (Ph.D.), Marywood University. Tara was also honored with the Melvin Medal for Excellence in Scholarly Investigation at Marywood's hooding ceremony in May.
- Briana Luppino, former ASEC Graduate Assistant, Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.), Marywood University.
ASEC Staff Promotions
- Kim Scalese, former Administrative Assistant is now the Administrative Specialist
- Sr. Juliana Chibaula Zulu, former Programs Coordinator in Zambia is now the Director of Zambia
- Sr. Francisca Damoah, SIJ, former Director of Ghana is now the Regional Director West Africa
- Amy Fedele, former Web Content Manager, is now Media and Communications Manager
- Dr. Tara Lopatofsky, former HESA Evaluator, is now Research and HESA Evaluations Manager
- Sr. Lina Wanjiku Ndung'u, SE Regional Director of East & Central Africa: 10 years
- Rosemary A. Shaver, M.Ed. Assistant Director, HESA Program: 5 years
- Sr. Anacletta Lempe, FSCG is our new Co-Director in Lesotho
- Sr. Joan Chisala, CSJB is our new Programs Coordinator in Zambia
- Sr. Veronica Fatoyinbo, SNDdeN is our new Director in Nigeria
- Courtney Loughlin, Amanda Nole and Shelby Ohotnicky are our new Graduate Assistants from Marywood University
ASEC celebrated the launch of ASEC's new book, Transformative Partnerships: Role of Agencies, Foundations, Institutions in Promoting Strategic Social and Sustainable Change for Women Religious in Africa on Saturday, February 2, 2019 at the Tumaini Centre in Nairobi, Kenya. The book is available for purchase on Amazon.
Sr. Hellen Anthony Bandiho, STH of Tanzania is the fourth Sister scholar accepted for a six month research fellowship to learn applied research skills in the apostolate at the Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA), Georgetown University. Sr. Hellen visited ASEC headquarters in Scranton, PA, from March 3-8, 2019.
The Annual ASEC Advisory Board and Board of Directors Meetings were held at Marywood University on May 1-2, 2019. An awards presentation was led Sr. Kathryn Dougherty, OSF, Board Chair, to honor Board Members who are completing their service terms.
A celebratory dinner was held for Sr. Jane Wakahiu’s Silver Jubilee (25 years in religious life) on May 1, 2019. Attending the celebration were ASEC Board Members and ASEC staff, along with many friends, former colleagues and members of her congregation, Little Sisters of St. Francis (LSOSF). Sr. Jane is the Director, Catholic Sisters Programs, Conrad N. Hilton Foundation and former ASEC Executive Director (2011-2017).
ASEC staff were delighted to welcome Hon. Kyle J Mullins, the representative from 112th District, Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Representative Mullins visited ASEC Headquarters in Scranton, PA (May 24, 2019)
Sr. Lina Wanjiku Ndung'u, SE, Regional Director of East & Central Africa, was voted "Employee of the Year" by both the Sisters and Lay staff of the Association of Sisterhoods of Kenya (AOSK) (May, 2019)
The Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) Partners Conference took place June 19 - 23, 2019 in Uganda. The Conference was an opportunity to engage in professional learning and relationship building among ASEC’s HESA Partners.
Briana Ryan, former ASEC Media and Communications Intern, was honored in the Society for Collegiate Journalists' National Contest; 1st and 2nd place awards for Beat Reporting and 3rd place award for Multimedia Series.
Members of the ASEC Board of Directors came together for a retreat day (July 18, 2019).
Sr. Margaret Dione Ajebe-Sone, SST, Cameroon is the fifth Sister scholar accepted for a six month research fellowship to learn applied research skills in the apostolate at the CARA, Georgetown University. Sr. Margaret visited ASEC headquarters in Scranton, PA, from September 23-29, 2019.