ASEC: Our Team
Sr. Mary Lilian Baitwakakye, OLGCSLDI Alumna - Uganda
Sr. Lilian is an alumna of the Sisters Leadership Development Initiative (SLDI) program, where she studied project management. She is a member of Our Lady of Good Counsel (OLGC) and is based in Mbarara, Uganda.
ASEC staff traveled to Mbarara in June 2018 to conduct a site visit at the Boni Consilii Secondary Vocational School, run by the sisters of OLGC. Staff also met with several ASEC alumnae at the OLGC compound and had the opportunity to interview these alumnae, including Sr. Lilian.
Since completing SLDI, Sr. Lilian has had a lot of grant writing success. She has obtained grant funding to support many projects throughout Uganda that are helping her congregation, young children and orphans with HIV/AIDS.
Grant Writing Achievements:
- Boni Consilii Girls' Vocational Secondary School construction: 2 classroom blocks, an assembly hall, an administration block and water tank installation
- OLGC construction: chapel, dining hall, 3 block dormitories, 6 latrines, 10 shower rooms and a laboratory block.
- School fees for children served by HIV/AIDS Orphans and Vulnerable children project.
- Workshop for sisters to better serve orphans with HIV/AIDS.
- Coming and Going: Trusting God’s Path for Sisters ()
- A Few of the Many Times ASEC Sisters Fought for Education in Africa ()
- Investing in Africa’s Small Farms Yields Big Outcomes (Profile)
- Hundreds of Girls in Rural Uganda Benefit from Practical, Holistic Education (Profile)
- Advancing the Girl Child in Africa: Catholic Sisters Empower the Next Generation of Women (Profile)
- Orphans of God (Profile)