ASEC: Our Team
Amy FedeleWeb Content Manager
Areas of Expertise: graphic design, website design, usability, internet marketing, writing
An old proverb says, “Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.” Alleviating poverty by facilitating self-sufficiency is a core principle that drew me to this position at ASEC. It is through education that individuals are able to thrive and do great things for the people they serve. My own passion for learning and empowering others makes me feel a strong connection to the work being done at ASEC.
My professors and mentors at King’s College are the ones that “taught me to fish.” Through them, I have developed my interest toward the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) into technical expertise, and a fierce love for the creative process. Their practical advice for how to succeed as graphic artist helped me to rise from just an intern, to leading creative teams as Art Director at two separate agencies. My award-winning portfolio [www.afedele.com] showcases the effect of my work in aggregate; both professionally, and as a recognized contributor to design communities worldwide.
This set of experiences became my foundation and motivation to pursue entrepreneurship, blogging, and higher education. Through these outlets I am not only able to personally grow and learn, but also mentor and educate others. It has been a wonderful journey, and I am excited for the opportunity to carry my experiences further in support of the mission and goals of ASEC.
My position as Web Content Manager for ASEC is an exciting one! I am responsible for designing and updating content on asec-sldi.org, as well as developing the monthly e-newsletters and our annual printed newsletter. I'm also the "face" behind all of our social media accounts, and look forward to talking with you there soon!
P: (570) 961-4519
F: (570) 340-6085
- 2018 ASEC Service Learning trip cancelled (Author)
- 2018 ASEC Annual Board Meetings take place at Marywood University (Author)
- Service Learning participants prepare for volunteer experience in Nairobi, Kenya (Author)
- Improving the capacity of African sisters in managing financial resources (Editor)
- Human Trafficking Trends in Sub-Saharan Africa (Infographic) (Editor)
- HESA nursing students express their gratitude (Editor)
- Sr. Draru Mary Cecilia, LSMIG named new ASEC Executive Director (Editor)
- Four Simple Autumn Prayers (Editor)
- 2nd Visiting Scholar Arrives at CARA for Research Fellowship (Editor)
- Eco-friendly farming with renewable energy in rural Zambia (Editor)
- Proposal writing success after SLDI training (Editor)
- "Sisterhood" documentary series profiles women religious around the world (Editor)
- 2017 ASEC Annual Board Meetings take place at Marywood University (Editor)
- Education is Power: Why ASEC supports Catholic Sisters in Africa (Editor)
- Staff present at Women's and Gender Studies Conference in Wilkes-Barre, PA (Editor)
- 10 Interesting Facts about Forests and Trees in Africa: International Day of Forestry (Editor)
- Sr. Jane Wakahiu, Executive Director, bids farewell to ASEC (Editor)
- World Cancer Awareness Day 2017: Acknowledging ASEC sisters in the fight against cancer (Editor)
- Lesotho celebrates its first Catholic Cardinal (Editor)
- Donate to ASEC using Amazon Smile (Editor)
- African sisters serve HIV/AIDS patients in Africa (Editor)
- October 2016 Site Visits and Interviews (Editor)
- ASEC launches our new website (Editor)
- Why Support Education in Sub Saharan Africa? (Editor)