October 17, 2016 - Bishop Maurice Muhatia, Nakuru Diocese and Chair, Commission of Catholic Education, Kenya - graced the Catholic Sisters Champions of Sustainable Development convening with mass. Bishop Maurice spoke of the importance of sisters in the church and their contribution in human development through their services in education, healthcare and social service programs. He thanked the organizers of the convening and praised the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation for their support to sisters and the church in Africa through provision of education.
Fun wishing Happy Birthday to Sr. Marcia Sichol of Hilton Fund for Sisters
ASEC staff receiving a gift from Sisters in Africa in honor for the services provided to them.
Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, Catholic Sisters Initiative also received a gift.
October 18, 2016 - Mass was held for the 189 Catholic Sisters Champions of Sustainable Development attendees at the Sarova PanAfric, Nairobi.
It was followed by commissioning ritual presided by Bishop Rodrigo Mejia Saldarriaga, SJ. With songs and processions.
Attendees sung and committed to return home countries to implement sustainable development goals for their organizations and congregations.
The convening will be full of a robust agenda, enlightening speakers, and inspiring discussions. Follow along on social media with the tags #HiltonFoundConvene and #CatholicSisters.
- Catholic News Agency for Africa (CANAA): Catholic Sisters in Africa Explore Means of Engaging in UN Sustainable Development Goals at Nairobi Convention
- Global Sisters Report (GSR): Sisters of Africa gather with spiritual hearts to focus on UN development goals
- GSR: Sisters in Africa discuss efforts to protect environment, address climate change
- GSR: Intentionality will connect our goals across the world
- USC: Catholic Sisters Discuss Sustainable Development in Africa at Nairobi Convening
- Loyola University: LIM visits Africa to further developmental efforts