ASEC: Our Team
Tara Lopatofsky, Ph.D., CCLSSenior Program Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation
Areas of Expertise: human development, sociology, elementary & special education, program evaluation
Tara is the Program Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation for ASEC's Research, HESA & Scholarship programs.
My prior experiences have all contributed to my current position at ASEC. I have spent many years advocating for children and disadvantaged populations. I have particular interest in the global perspective given my prior study abroad involvement and work with other cross-country charitable foundations. I have seen firsthand the positive change that comes from partnerships and innovative educational opportunities.
I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Human Development with a Minor in Sociology from Arizona State University. I also completed the BCS Collaborative Child Life Internship in Arizona and am a Certified Child Life Specialist. In addition, I completed my Masters of Education in Elementary and Special Education at Arizona State University. I received my Doctorate in Administration in Leadership from Marywood University in 2019. I was awarded with the Melvin Medal for Excellence in Scholarly Investigation for my research, titled The Perceived Impact of a Post-Secondary Education Program on Kenyan Catholic Sisters' Understanding of Their Lives as Women Religious: A Case Study.
My research interests include an interdisciplinary approach to social work, education and healthcare. I am passionate about education and believe in the opportunities quality education can offer. I am excited to be a part of the African Sisters Education Collaborative. I intend for my work to assist in presenting the effectiveness of ASEC programs and inspire future program developments.
P: (570) 961-4550
- Charism, Spirituality, Mission and Ministry Webinar Takes Place March 15-17 (Profile)
- ASEC Participates in Marywood University's Virtual Research Day (Profile)
- Nun's Ministry Improves Healthcare in Tanzania (Author)
- ASEC/CARA Host Inaugural International Consultative Research (ICR) Conference Virtually (Author)
- COVID-19 Impact on Healthcare and Education Workers: A Phenomenological Case Study in West Africa (Author)
- The Importance of Rural Development in Tanzania (Author)
- COVID-19 Impact in Africa - ASEC Stakeholder Engagement Report (Author)
- From Leader to Servant Leader: A Catholic Nun's Journey (Author)
- Nun Provides Healthcare Services in a Place Where Doctors Shun to Go (Author)
- 6th Visiting Scholar Selected for CARA Research Fellowship (Author)
- Nuns Promote Holistic Education at Kikyusa Schools in Uganda (Author)
- Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) program, 2019 year in review (Author)
- The Link Between Servant Leadership and Higher Education: Women Religious in Sub-Saharan Africa (Author)
- The Classroom Without Desks in Rural Kenya (Author)
- First HESA Partners Conference takes place in Uganda (Author)
- Dr. Tara Lopatofsky, Awarded Ph.D. for Research on Catholic Sisters in Kenya (Profile)
- Higher Education for Sisters in Africa (HESA) program, 2018 year in review (Author)