ASEC Board of Directors
The African Sisters Education Collaborative (ASEC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit approved in 2006. We have a 2-level governance model for our Board of Directors:
Corporate Members: There are eight Corporate Members of the ASEC Board of Directors--
- the President/Leader of each of the four religious communities that founded ASEC serves as a Founding Board Member
- the President/Leader of each of the four universities that began ASEC serves as a Founding Board Member
Directors: All other board members are considered "Directors"
Associate Members promote and further the mission of ASEC, make a financial contribution and are invited to participate in ASEC activities. Each Associate Member organization chooses a representative that serves as a point of contact for ASEC. Two Associate Members are designated to represent all Associate Members at Board of Directors meetings.
Corporate MembersSr. Mary Ann Buckley
Society of the Holy Child Jesus
Jim Cawley, JD
Sr. Kathryn Clauss, IHM, Ph.D.
Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Chris Domes, Ed.D.
Sr. Maureen Erdlen, SSJ
Sisters of St. Joseph of Philadelphia
Sr. Theresa Marie Firenze, MS, OSF
Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia
William Latimer, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Chestnut Hill College
Sr. Mary Persico, IHM, Ed.D.
Associate MembersSr. Victoria Trinita Anyanwu, SC
Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati
Mount St. Joseph, OH
Sr. Michele Bisaillon, DHS Provincial
Daughters of the Holy Spirit
Edward Dadez, Ph.D.
Saint Leo University
Saint Leo, Florida
Sr. Joan Mary Hartigan, CSJ
Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
Sr. Linda Haydock, SNJM
Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary
Sr. LaDonna Manternach, BVM, DMA
Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Robert L. Manuel
Sr. Ellen Marvel, CSR
Sisters of the Redeemer
Board Rep for Associate Members
DirectorsSr. Barbara Spears, SNJM (Board Chair)
Silver Springs, MD
Mary L. Gautier, Ph.D. (Board Secretary)
Sr. Kathleen Lunsmann, IHM (Board Treasurer)
Brighid Blake, MA, LL.D.
Gibbs MediaWorks, LLC
Silver Spring, MD
Sr. Florence Hee, OSF
Sara P. Marks, M.A.
Companion with the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia
Donald R. McCrabb, D.Min.
Sr. Regina M. O'Neill, OSF
Jacqueline C. Reich, Ph.D.
Kevin Patrick Reynolds, Ed.D.
Sr. Rosalia Sakatombo, SHS
Religious Sisters of the Holy Spirit
Sr. Marcia Sichol, SHCJ, Ph.D.
Sr. Regina Zoot, MSN, BSN, RN, SHCJ
Bryn Mawr, PA
Emerita DirectorsSr. Kathryn Miller, SSJ, Ph.D.
ASECSr. Draru Mary Cecilia, LSMIG, Ph.D.
African Sisters Education Collaborative
Thank you for your service
Our past Board Members include:
- Lorraine Aurely
- Jayson Boyers, Ed.D.
- Mary Ann Buckley, SHCJ
- Anita Cattafesta, OSF
- Sr. Kathryn Dougherty, OSF
- Sr. Jacquelyn Ernster, OSB, Ph.D.
- Ann R. Henry, Ph.D.
- Sharon L. Hirsh, Ph.D.
- Sr. Carroll Juliano, SHCJ
- Sr. Ellen Maroney, IHM, MA
- Sr. Kate McCarron, OSF
- Rosalie M. Mirenda, Ph.D.
- Sr. Anne Munley, IHM, Ph.D.
- Sr. Anne P. Myers, SSJ, Ph.D.
- Sr. Therese O'Rourke, IHM
- Sr. Carol Jean Vale, SSJ, Ph.D.
- Sr. Mary Paul Wamatu, CPS
- Sr. Brigid Andoh, SSL
- Sr. Marijane Hresko, OSF, MA
- Sr. Carol Ann Knight, SHCJ, MA
- Marie T. McCormick, MBA, Ph.D.
- Helen McDonald, SHCJ
- Sr. Ann McNamara, OSF
- Sr. Florence Nwaonuma, SSH
- Sr. Anna Mary Henrietta Nyangoma, MCESM
- Nora Sweeney, SHCJ
- Sr. Jane Wakahiu, LSOSF, Ph.D.
- Sr. Anne Marie Haas, CSR
- Sr. Teri Hadro, BVM
- Sr. Mary Anne Heenan, CSJ
- Sr. Marge Kloos, SC
- Sr. Gertrude Lanouette, DHS Provincial
- Sr. Louise Lears, SC
- Dr. William J. Lennox, Jr.
- Jeffrey D. Senese, Ph.D.
- Jane Farr, Ph.D.
- Pius D. Ojara, Ph.D.
- Terri Peters, Ph.D.
- Sr. Margaret Gannon, IHM