ASEC Board of Directors
The African Sisters Education Collaborative (ASEC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit approved in 2006. We have a 2-level governance model for our Board of Directors:
Corporate Members: There are eight Corporate Members of the ASEC Board of Directors--
- the President/Leader of each of the four religious communities that founded ASEC serves as a Founding Board Member
- the President/Leader of each of the four universities that began ASEC serves as a Founding Board Member
Directors: All other board members are considered "Directors"
Associate Members promote and further the mission of ASEC, make a financial contribution and are invited to participate in ASEC activities. Each Associate Member organization chooses a representative that serves as a point of contact for ASEC. Two Associate Members are designated to represent all Associate Members at Board of Directors meetings.Jim Cawley, JD
Sr. Kathryn Clauss, IHM, Ed.D.
Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Chris Domes, Ed.D.
Sr. Maureen Erdlen, SSJ
Sisters of St. Joseph of Philadelphia
Sr. Theresa Marie Firenze, MS, OSF
Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia
Sr. Carroll Juliano, SHCJ
Society of the Holy Child Jesus
William Latimer, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Chestnut Hill College
Sr. Mary Persico, IHM, Ed.D.
Edward Dadez, Ph.D.
Saint Leo University
Saint Leo, Florida
A. Gabriel Esteban, Ph.D.
Sr. Joan Mary Hartigan, CSJ
Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
Sr. Linda Haydock, SNJM
Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary
Sr. Marge Kloos, SC
Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati
Mount St. Joseph, OH
Sr. Gertrude Lanouette, DHS Provincial
Daughters of the Holy Spirit
Sr. LaDonna Manternach, BVM, DMA
Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Sr. Ellen Marvel, CSR
Sisters of the Redeemer
Board Rep for Associate Members
Brighid Blake, MA, LL.D. (Board Chair)
Sr. Florence Hee, OSF
Sr. Kathleen Lunsmann, IHM (Board Treasurer)
Mary L. Gautier, Ph.D. (Board Secretary)
Sara P. Marks, M.A.
Companion with the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia
Pius D. Ojara, Ph.D.
Juba, South Sudan
Sr. Regina M. O'Neill, OSF
Jacqueline C. Reich, Ph.D.
Sr. Marcia Sichol, SHCJ, Ph.D.
Sr. Barbara Spears, SNJM
Silver Springs, MD
Sr. Regina Zoot, MSN, BSN, RN, SHCJ
Bryn Mawr, PA
Sr. Margaret Gannon, IHM, Ph.D.
Sr. Kathryn Miller, SSJ, Ph.D.
Sr. Draru Mary Cecilia, LSMIG, Ph.D.
African Sisters Education Collaborative
Thank you for your service
Our past Board Members include:
- Lorraine Aurely
- Jayson Boyers, Ed.D.
- Mary Ann Buckley, SHCJ
- Anita Cattafesta, OSF
- Sr. Kathryn Dougherty, OSF
- Sr. Jacquelyn Ernster, OSB, Ph.D.
- Ann R. Henry, Ph.D.
- Sharon L. Hirsh, Ph.D.
- Sr. Ellen Maroney, IHM, MA
- Sr. Kate McCarron, OSF
- Rosalie M. Mirenda, Ph.D.
- Sr. Anne Munley, IHM, Ph.D.
- Sr. Anne P. Myers, SSJ, Ph.D.
- Sr. Therese O'Rourke, IHM
- Sr. Carol Jean Vale, SSJ, Ph.D. (Board Vice Chair)
- Sr. Mary Paul Wamatu, CPS
- Sr. Brigid Andoh, SSL
- Sr. Marijane Hresko, OSF, MA
- Sr. Carol Ann Knight, SHCJ, MA
- Marie T. McCormick, MBA, Ph.D.
- Helen McDonald, SHCJ
- Sr. Ann McNamara, OSF
- Sr. Florence Nwaonuma, SSH
- Sr. Anna Mary Henrietta Nyangoma, MCESM
- Nora Sweeney, SHCJ
- Sr. Jane Wakahiu, LSOSF, Ph.D.
- Sr. Anne Marie Haas, CSR
- Sr. Teri Hadro, BVM
- Sr. Mary Anne Heenan, CSJ
- Sr. Louise Lears, SC
- Dr. William J. Lennox, Jr.
- Jeffrey D. Senese, Ph.D.
- Jane Farr, Ph.D.
- Terri Peters, Ph.D.