ASEC Board of Directors
The African Sisters Education Collaborative (ASEC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit approved in 2006. We have a 2-level governance model for our Board of Directors:
Founding Members: There are eight Founding Members of the ASEC Board of Directors--
- the President/Leader of each of the four religious communities that founded ASEC serves as a Founding Board Member
- the President/Leader of each of the four universities that began ASEC serves as a Founding Board Member
Directors: All other board members are considered "Directors"
Associate Members promote and further the mission of ASEC, make a financial contribution and are invited to participate in ASEC activities. Each Associate Member organization chooses a representative that serves as a point of contact for ASEC. Two Associate Members are designated to represent all Associate Members at Board of Directors meetings.
Founding MembersSr. Carol Jean Vale, SSJ, Ph.D. (Board Vice Chair)
Chestnut Hill College
Jayson Boyers, Ed.D.
Chris Domes, Ed.D.
Sr. Maureen Erdlen, SSJ
Sisters of St. Joseph of Philadelphia
Sr. Theresa Marie Firenze, MS, OSF
Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia
Sr. Carroll Juliano, SHCJ
Society of the Holy Child Jesus
Sr. Ellen Maroney, IHM, MA
Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Sr. Mary Persico, IHM, Ed.D.
Associate MembersA. Gabriel Esteban, Ph.D.
Sr. Teri Hadro, BVM
Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Sr. Joan Mary Hartigan, CSJ
Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
Sr. Linda Haydock, SNJM
Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary
Sr. Marge Kloos, SC
Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati
Mount St. Joseph, OH
Sr. Ellen Marvel, CSR
Sisters of the Redeemer
Board Rep for Associate Members
Jeffrey D. Senese, Ph.D.
Saint Leo University
Saint Leo, FL
Board Rep for Associate Members
DirectorsBrighid Blake, MA, LL.D. (Board Chair)
Sr. Florence Hee, OSF (Board Secretary)
Sr. Kathleen Lunsmann, IHM (Board Treasurer)
Sr. Hellen Anthony Bandiho, STH, Ph.D.
Association of Consecrated Women in Eastern and Central Africa (ACWECA)
Jane Farr, Ph.D.
Clarks Green, PA
Mary L. Gautier, Ph.D.
Pius D. Ojara, Ph.D.
Juba, South Sudan
Sr. Regina M. O'Neill, OSF
Jacqueline C. Reich, Ph.D.
Sr. Marcia Sichol, SHCJ, Ph.D.
Sr. Barbara Spears, SNJM
Silver Springs, MD
Sr. Regina Zoot, MSN, BSN, RN, SHCJ
Bryn Mawr, PA
Emerita DirectorsSr. Margaret Gannon, IHM, Ph.D.
Sr. Kathryn Miller, SSJ, Ph.D.
ASECSr. Draru Mary Cecilia, LSMIG, Ph.D.
African Sisters Education Collaborative
Thank you for your service
Our past Board Members include:
- Lorraine Aurely
- Mary Ann Buckley, SHCJ
- Anita Cattafesta, OSF
- Sr. Kathryn Dougherty, OSF
- Sr. Jacquelyn Ernster, OSB, Ph.D.
- Ann R. Henry, Ph.D.
- Sharon L. Hirsh, Ph.D.
- Sr. Kate McCarron, OSF
- Rosalie M. Mirenda, Ph.D.
- Sr. Anne Munley, IHM, Ph.D.
- Sr. Anne P. Myers, SSJ, Ph.D.
- Sr. Therese O'Rourke, IHM
- Sr. Mary Paul Wamatu, CPS
- Sr. Brigid Andoh, SSL
- Sr. Marijane Hresko, OSF, MA
- Sr. Carol Ann Knight, SHCJ, MA
- Marie T. McCormick, MBA, Ph.D.
- Helen McDonald, SHCJ
- Sr. Ann McNamara, OSF
- Sr. Florence Nwaonuma, SSH
- Sr. Anna Mary Henrietta Nyangoma, MCESM
- Nora Sweeney, SHCJ
- Sr. Jane Wakahiu, LSOSF, Ph.D.
- Sr. Anne Marie Haas, CSR
- Sr. Mary Anne Heenan, CSJ
- Sr. Louise Lears, SC
- Dr. William J. Lennox, Jr.
- Terri Peters, Ph.D.