ASEC: Our Team
Sr. Draru Mary Cecilia, LSMIG, Ph.D.
Areas of Expertise: Gender, Education, Sustainable Development, Women in Leadership
Sr. Draru Mary Cecilia, LSMIG, Ph.D. is of the congregation Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate of Gulu (LSMIG) in Northern Uganda and began her role as ASEC Executive Director in November 2017.
Sr. Draru has vast experience on gender, education and sustainable development in Africa. She received her Ph.D. in September, 2017 from Radboud University in Nijmegen, Holland after successfully defending her doctoral thesis, Education Pathways: Narratives of Female Academics and Administrators.
Prior to her new role as ASEC Executive Director, Sr. Draru spent 15 years serving at ASEC’s HESA partner institution, Uganda Martyrs University (UMU). Her most recent role at UMU was Dean of Students, where she was responsible for student welfare, student extracurricular activities and managing alumnae relations.
P: (570) 961-4700
- Diving into the New Normal (Author)
- Partnership provides nursing/teacher scholarships for Catholic Sisters in Africa (Profile)
- Our Shared Big Dream for Humanity (Author)
- Representative Kyle J. Mullins visits ASEC, local Scranton nonprofit organization (Profile)
- Time Conceals, Reveals: Executive Director reflects on her first year (Author)
- Faith and Development: A Celebration of ARU at 50 (Author)
- Sr. Draru Mary Cecilia, LSMIG named new ASEC Executive Director (Profile)