ASEC Web Content Student Assistant, Part Time
ASEC Web Content Student Assistant
All majors welcome to apply! Great resume builder for English / Journalism / Comm Arts / Social Work / Public Administration majors
The African Sisters Education Collaborative (ASEC) is a non-profit on Marywood's campus providing access to technology & education for Catholic Sisters in 10 African countries.
Are you an exceptional writer? Do you love to tell stories... really amazing stories about real-life heroes? Are you looking for ways to improve your writing and editing skills and get some real-world job experience? Would you ALSO like to help an extremely worthy cause and work in an environment where you can really make a difference-- all the way around the world?
You are just who we are looking for, and we need you!
ASEC has an immediate opening for a part-time web content assistant. All applicants must be able to work in our Scranton, PA office. Marywood University students are encouraged to apply!
We are seeking a self-motivated student assistant 15-20 hours per week (flexible schedule) for:
- Writing long-format stories, news articles and video scripts for the website, print materials and social media.
- Editing / proofreading submitted articles-- many are written by individuals speaking English as a second language.
- Manage social media presence, schedule content and interact with our community.
- Form relationships with social media influencers that can get our non-profit work out to more people.
- Great opportunity & resume-builder!
- Must be a current Marywood student- all majors and levels of study are eligible.
- Extremely organized and able to manage multiple projects
- Exceptional writing skills (with samples of your writing) and English skills.
- Creative thinking, idea generation and brainstorming skills.
- Social media management, graphic design, web design and/or video production skills are a plus, but not required.