ASEC: Employment Opportunities
Executive Director, African Sisters Education Collaborative
Summary of Duties
The African Sisters Education Collaborative (ASEC) is seeking applications and nominations for the position of Executive Director of ASEC. This position offers a unique opportunity to foster leadership among women religious in Africa. Reporting directly to the ASEC Board, the Executive Director provides oversight of ASEC, its educational programs and related grants. Master’s degree required. Doctoral degree preferred
The Executive Director should have
- A passion for the ASEC mission
- Knowledge and understanding of and commitment to the empowerment of women religious in Africa
- Administrative experience in leading and managing an organization with multiple programs and international staff
- Experience in developing, writing, and managing grants
- Openness to diverse cultures and familiarity and experience with ministering in African countries
- Experience in higher education and with a variety of learning delivery modes
- Ability, energy and willingness to travel to remote locations
The mission of ASEC is to facilitate access to education for women religious in Africa that leads to enhancement and expansion of the education, health, economic, social, environmental and spiritual services they provide.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. ASEC offices are located on the campus of Marywood University, Scranton, PA.
For more information about ASEC please visit asec-sldi.org. For more information about the position of Executive Director please review the following documents:
Master’s degree required. Doctoral degree preferred
How to Apply
Applicants should send a current resume, a cover letter that addresses the qualifications and a list of three professional references (including telephone number and email address) to ASECapp@chc.edu with subject line: "ASEC Executive Director," Review of candidates will begin on April 8, 2017; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.