ASEC: Employment Opportunities
African Sisters Education Collaborative
Director of Development
Summary of Duties
Organizational Mission and Values: We believe that education is the key to assisting African nations in their quest for economic development and self-sufficiency. The goal of ASEC is to contribute significantly to increased access to education in Africa by helping to educate women religious and enabling them to acquire necessary credentials for teaching, healthcare, spiritual or social service ministries in their countries.
Job Summary: ASEC seeks a creative, entrepreneurial fundraising leader with both the capacity and the demonstrated track record to respond to the following responsibilities:
- Participate in crafting, executing, and leading a strategic and operational plan for fundraising to broaden the base of private philanthropic support to the organization;
- Increase the number and level of giving from individuals, private foundations, and corporations;
- Conceptualize and implement strategies to leverage ASEC’s current donor support and build on these philanthropic networks;
- Develop systems and processes for effective identification, cultivation, and solicitation of institutional and major donors;
- Ensure maintenance of an accurate and accessible database of donor information and gift acknowledgement;
- Facilitate appropriate donor interaction with ASEC’s Executive Director and Board of Directors;
- Identify, recruit and establish fundraising committees, as appropriate;
- Prepare proposals, letters, call reports and acknowledgments;
- Manage communications efforts between ASEC and donors;
- Establish a social media strategy and manage implementing staff;
- Oversee planning and logistics of events and donor cultivation roadshow.
- Master’s degree or CFRE preferred;
- Significant experience in development or related field, major gift fundraising preferred;
- Proven track record of accomplishment in fundraising including successful solicitation and closing of major gifts from individual and institutional donors;
- Knowledge of the philanthropy sector;
- Familiarity with women religious and African culture, especially the countries where ASEC currently operates preferred;
- Experience working with US based organizations working in Africa preferred;
- Working knowledge of prospect tracking systems, donor databasesand social media;
- Ability to understand donor motivations, sensitivity to personal needs and unasked questions, strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to find meaningful ways to involve partners in cultivation efforts; and,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and writing) skills.
ASEC Offices are located in Scranton, PA. Working remotely will be considered. Ability to travel 20% of the time is required.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and at least 3 references.
Send your resume and application to email@example.com unless otherwise noted.